Originally founded as Kutab Khana e Razzaqia in 1854 by Hazrat Sayed Abdullah Shah Quadri, born in 1832 in Adoni (300 km south of present-day Hyderabad). After his move to Hyderabad, he established the library within the Khanqah founded by his grandfather, Hazrat Syed Mohiuddin Badshah Quadri, in the first decade of the 19th century.
The library started with around 100 manuscripts. Under Hazrat Syed Shah Abdul Razzaq Quadri, the collection expanded to 800 manuscripts by the late 19th century.
Printed books were added under the guidance of Hazrat (Dr.) Syed Mohiuddin Quadri Haadi, who became the khanqah’s Janesheen (successor) in 1960. By his death in 2006, the library had grown to some 80,000 books.
Since 2006, Hazrat Syed Abdul Mohaimin Quadri has preserved, rescued, and maintained both manuscripts and printed books. He leads a forum of scholars engaged in editing and research at the institute.
In 2018 a Special Post Cover was introduced by India Post for Hazrath Haadi-e-Deccan Library & Research Institute - Hyderabad